I Can Shine Bike Camp


When:
July 8, 2019 – July 12, 2019 all-day
2019-07-08T00:00:00-05:00
2019-07-13T00:00:00-05:00
Where:
Clay Madsen Recreation Center
1600 Gattis School Rd
Round Rock
TX 78664
Cost:
150.00
Contact:
Ruthie Hanna

Flyer: iCan Shine Bike Camp Flyer 2019

Variety’s iCanShine Bike Camp is back! The Autism Society of Texas and DSACT are also partnering for this camp.
The 2019 Bike Camp is at Clay Madsen Recreation Center in Round Rock, TX from July 8th-12th.

REGISTER HERE

Please email ruthie.hanna@varietytexas.org with questions.

We have a limited number of spots that will be filled on a first come, first serve basis and spot will be reserved when both registration and payment have been completed.

Requirements for Participation (Rider must meet all of below criteria):

· Minimum age – 8 years old
· Able to sidestep to both sides
· Have a disability
· Able to attend camp all 5 days
· Able to walk without assistive device
· Maximum weight 220 lbs.
· Willing and able to wear a properly fitted bike helmet
· Minimum inseam of 20” (measure from floor while rider is wearing sneakers)

WE NEED MANY VOLUNTEERS!

Please VOLUNTEER HERE! Thank you!

We are in need of volunteers over the age of 15 who can commit to the same 1 hour and 15 minute time slot for Monday- Friday, July 8th -12, 2019. Volunteers will assist riders with special needs toward the goal of learning how to ride a two-wheeled bike on their own!

Volunteers will need to fill out a registration form and complete a background check.

NOTE: Dropping-off Riders at the program is not permitted. A parent, legal guardian or other adult authorized to take responsibility for the Rider (e.g. another parent) must remain on site for the duration of the 75-minute program.

Camp host: Variety – the Children’s Charity of Texas
Camp dates: July 8, 2019 – July 12, 2019
Camp location: Clay Madsen Recreation Center 1600 Gattis School RD, Round Rock, TX 78664
Fee: $150.

From iCanShine’s website:

“Our organization began in 2007. Since then, we have successfully taught approximately 20,000 people with disabilities to ride a conventional two-wheel bicycle. The impact of learning to ride a bicycle independently, and our high level of success in helping people with disabilities accomplish this feat, continues to drive demand for our iCan Bike program.

Approximately 80% of the people who participate in our iCan Bike program learn to ride a conventional two-wheel bicycle independently (at least 75 feet with no assistance) by the end of our five-day program while attending for only 75 minutes each day! The remaining 20% make tremendous progress towards this goal and leave our programs accompanied by family members trained as ‘spotters’ to pick up at home where we leave off!”

For more information about iCanShine’s Bike Camp Program please visit icanshine.org.