This lecture will spotlight Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and how it impacts the elementary school aged child. Combining the expertise and perspective of three community professionals, we will focus on the components of ADHD and executive functioning, and provide strategies for parents and teachers.
During the lecture we will address:
· Terminology pertaining to ADHD and Executive Functioning
· How ADHD is diagnosed and the components of executive functioning
· The neuroanatomy behind ADHD and executive functioning deficits
· What a child with ADHD/executive functioning deficits is entitled to in the public school setting and the typical accommodations often recommended
· How ADHD can impact a child’s language skills and social interactions
· The difference between sensory processing and ADHD
· Different strategies that you can implement into your child’s everyday life to set them up for success
When – Saturday, February 24th • 9am – 12pm
Where – Big Sky Pediatric Therapy 9433 Bee Caves Rd B3 Ste. 101, Austin, TX 78733
Cost – $65.00
Light snacks provided
Contact Big Sky Pediatric Therapy at 512.306.8007 or email@example.com
Payment must be made in full to reserve your spot • No refunds • Space is limited
**Please note, this lecture is NOT a certified CPE course. However, we are happy to give a certification of completion to anyone who requests.