Join us on Wednesday, November 11th, for another online recreation event. We will be playing games together on the smartphone app Houseparty! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like me to send you step by step instructions on how to download the app!
We will be convening on Google Meet first, as usual. Prepare something to share, whether it be a tip on how to combat boredom, a book recommendation, or a bit of health advice. After checking in with one another, our conversation will explore themes of learning, recreation, and looking toward a brighter future.
As the Autism Society of Texas continues to host these virtual groups on a weekly basis, keep your eyes peeled for more information about online gaming activities, such as Dungeons and Dragons, Magic: The Gathering, and More!
If you have a MeetUp account, please RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/Austin-Adults-With-Disabilities-Social-Group/events/274059292/?isFirstPublish=true
If you do not want to create a MeetUp (and see our upcoming events), please send me the preferred email address to which to send the Google Meet invitation. My email is jordan@texasautismsociety.
Joining a Video Meeting:
If you have never joined a video call on Google Meet before, no worries! This is a learning experience for all of us. Here are your instructions:
1. Direct message me (Jordan Fogle, Co-organizer) the email address you would prefer I send an invitation to. At that time, an invitation will appear in your inbox and will include a button which says “Join Now”. Click on that button! If you RSVP well in advance, you will also receive the URL ahead of time through Google Calendar!
2. When joining, it may ask you to log in to your email account before you are able to join.
3. Make sure the browser you are using is either Chrome, Firefox, or Edge, and that you have downloaded the latest version. If you have Safari, make sure you have downloaded the appropriate plug-in.
4. Secure a computer/phone with a camera and a microphone! We want to see your lovely face!
5. As side conversations will likely disrupt the flow of discussion, plan on muting your microphone initially and focus on communication through the chat feature, at least until we can devise a way to call on folks one at a time.
6. Don’t hesitate to message directly me at email@example.com if you need further guidance or clarification!