Many of us may be feeling cooped-up these days, and are perhaps experiencing a sense of wanderlust. Fear not, fair traveller! For this week’s Adult Support and Social Skills Group, which falls on Earth Day (4/22), our discussion will explore our personal experiences of the natural world, as well as topics of environmental conservation and geology. Activities will include taking a virtual tour of a Finnish forest, and quizzing ourselves on landforms using a dry erase spinning wheel!
As the Autism Society of Texas plans to begin hosting these virtual groups on a weekly basis, keep your eyes peeled for more information about online gaming activities, such as Dungeons and Dragons, Magic: The Gathering, and More!
If you have a MeetUp account, please RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/Austin-Adults-With-Disabilities-Social-Group/events/269766828/
Joining a Video Meeting:
If you have never joined a video call on Google Meet before, no worries! This is a learning experience for all of us. Here are your instructions:
1. Direct message me (Jordan Fogle, Co-organizer) the email address you would prefer I send an invitation to around 6:30 PM on Thursday, March 26th. At that time, an invitation will appear in your inbox and will include a button which says “Join Now”. Click on that button!
2. It may ask you to log in to your email account before you are able to join.
3. Make sure the browser you are using is either Chrome, Firefox, or Edge, and that you have downloaded the latest version. If you have Safari, make sure you have downloaded the appropriate plug-in.
4. Secure a computer/phone with a camera and a microphone! We want to see your lovely face!
5. As side conversations will likely disrupt the flow of discussion, plan on muting your microphone initially and focus on communication through the chat feature, at least until we can devise a way to call on folks one at a time.
6. Don’t hesitate to message directly me if you need further guidance or clarification!