301 W 2nd St
Austin, TX 78701
We’ve been selected as one of the “Official Charity Partners” again for the Austin Marathon’s charitable giving program, Austin Gives Miles! The Austin Marathon is on February 17, 2019! Mark your calendar, get your running (or walking) shoes on, and sign up to represent Autism Society of Texas! Choose the marathon, half marathon, or 5K!
Please consider making a donation to Autism Society of Texas or one of our team members! Donate here.
How to sign up for the marathon:
- Select & sign up for your marathon event on the Austin Marathon page here.
- In the “Join a Team” section on the registration page, choose “Autism Society of Texas” as your team in the dropdown menu. The Austin Marathon/Austin Gives Miles program suggested that each member fundraise a minimum of $250, which will be donated back to Autism Society of Texas! Already registered? Go to the charity page and select us here.
- Raise $250: Get a #TeamAutism dri-fit tee! New design this year!
- Raise $500: We will cover your event entrance fee! (Plus get the dri-fit top!)
- Raise $750: Receive a free entrance to our Texas Autism Bike Ride & Fun Run on April 7, 2019. (Plus dri-fit top & marathon entrance fee covered!)
- Raise $1000: Receive a free massage gift certificate. (Plus dri-fit top, marathon entrance fee covered, and entrance to our Texas Autism Bike Ride & Fun Run).
Form a Workplace, Corporate, or Friends & Family Team!
Do you own a business or work somewhere that would like to start a team? Would you like to run in honor of someone with friends & family? A team must have at least 3 members, and commit to raising $1500 collectively. Email Ivette to sign up as a team. If your team achieves the $1500 goal one month before event, we will customize your drifit tees with company or personalized name. Individual incentives above also apply to team members but team tee will be substituted for the #TeamAutism tee.
What does it mean to run for the Autism Society of Texas?
You will be running for a cause, to raise funds to improve the lives of all affected by autism, locally. We can help match you up with someone from our team if you’d like a running/walking partner, but you’re also free to go solo! We may have one or two optional fun get-togethers, but there is no team obligation other than participating in the event itself!
Not a runner yet?
Read this article: How to start running! (Great tips from the New York Times!) Or consider signing up for 5K, it’s ok to walk this event!
If you read all of the above information and running or walking the 5K is not your thing, come & join us at the aid station! We’ll be handing out drinks & snacks to runners, as well as setting up tables of drinks before the start of the race. Volunteers aged 12 & up only please, and everyone under 18 must be with an adult.
Please sign up here if you’d like to help at the aid station: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f4caea723aafe3-austin2
Please email Ivette@texasautismsociety.org with any questions related to the Austin Marathon event or volunteering. Thank you!