Central Texas Autism Center
Summer Institute for Teachers 2018
Central Texas Autism Center is pleased to announce an Intensive Training for Teachers of students with Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities. We are offering 2 separate week-long courses and a 3 day Advanced Class that will include lectures/presentations/videos and opportunities to observe children in ABA therapy sessions. The workshop is geared toward any professional working with Early Childhood, Elementary and Middle School aged children. This workshop will focus on the science of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) with an emphasis on B.F. Skinner’s Verbal Behavior. This course will help school districts fulfill the standards set forth in NCLB and the Texas Autism Supplement. The following objectives will be covered in Session 1 and Session 2:
• Conducting Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA) and Writing Effective Behavior Intervention Plans (BIP)
• Choosing a Response Form for Non-Vocal Children
• Using Criterion referenced assessments and curriculum guides, the VB-MAPP, to accurately assess and write measureable IEP objectives
• Using Skinner’s Analysis of Verbal Behavior for language/communication training
• Using teaching procedures from the science of ABA to establish instructional control, increase acquisition rates and fluency of skills
• How to teach language skills to the following developmental levels: Early (0-18 mo.), Intermediate (18-30 mo.) and Advanced Learners (30-48 mo.) and higher.
• How to use Direct Instruction Curriculums to teach reading and advanced language concepts
• How to develop Program books, daily schedules, data collection systems and organization of materials in your classrooms
• Hands on practice taking data, role playing teaching procedures and the opportunity to make and take home sample flash cards and program books
**Homework will be assigned nightly**
Each session will have a limited number of participants who will each receive the criterion referenced assessments, an extensive manual, data sheets and make and take materials. The sessions will run Monday-Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm with lunch on your own. Participants must attend the full session to receive credit. Morning and afternoon snacks and refreshments will be provided each day.
Instructor Morgan Chapple, BCBA, has over 15 years of experience teaching and assessing children with Autism and other developmental disabilities. Morgan serves as CTAC’s supervisor and consultant and conduct trainings for professionals around the state of Texas.
When: Session 1: June 11-15, 2018
Session 2: July 16th-20th, 2018
Cost: Session 1 and 2: $1,250.00 per person per session.
Location: 3006 Bee Caves Road, Ste. B200, Austin, TX 78746
Cancellations: 50% refundable for cancellations made prior to June 1st, 2018. No refunds if cancellation is made after June 1st, 2017. Substitutions are allowed with re-application and CTAC approval only.