Join the Autism Society of Texas for Quiz For a Cause hosted by Geeks Who Drink.
Geeks Who Drink is a homegrown Pub Trivia Quiz . Here are some basics about GWD:
- The quizzes cover everything from celebrities in trouble to wordplay to bad television. You can get a feel for the questions they ask by playing a sample round here.
- Each quiz has two audio rounds: a “Name that Tune” style round, and another round comprised of soundbites from movies and TV.
- Play in teams of up to six or by yourself if you like.
- If you want to play but don’t have a team, come anyway. We can usually get single players recruited onto an existing team.
- Winning teams gets street cred, bar cash and other prizes depending on the venue. Bonus Questions for free pints are sprinkled throughout the quiz.
In addition to having fun playing trivia, this week of trivia at Nomad Bar will also help raise awareness and funds for the Autism Society of Texas. We will distribute literature and educate people about our mission, both at the event and through Geeks Who Drink’s website, email list and social media network.
How do we earn money from a pub quiz?
It’s simple: quiz participants pay an entry fee of $5. One entry fee per team goes into a cash purse for the winners; the rest goes to the Autism Society of Texas.
Some hypothetical math: say there’s 20 teams of six players, each paying $5 a head; that’s $600. Of that, $100 goes to the winning team and the rest to the cause.
Please note that Nomad Bar is a bar so players must be 21+. Lastly, the quiz is intended for an adult audience and may include some foul language.
Contact Kiki McGuinn @ firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.