8402 Cross Park Dr
Austin, TX 78754
The Austin affiliate of the National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI Austin) is offering its no-cost NAMI Basics, a 6-week course for parents, caregivers and guardians of children with early onset of behavioral and mental health disorders
NAMI Basics covers:
– Managing crises, solving problems and communicating effectively
– How to take care of yourself and handle stress
– Developing the confidence and stamina to support your child with compassion
– Advocating for your child’s rights at school and in health care settings
– Learning about current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects
– Gaining an overview of the public mental health care, school and juvenile justice systems
– Understanding the challenges and impact of mental health conditions on your entire family
**While there is no fee and all materials are provided, space is limited and registration is required (by phone, email or mail). To register or for more information: 512.420.9810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For families who are struggling with the challenges with behavioral and mental health issues, this class has proven to be a huge source of help and hope.