NAMI Basics is a 6-week course for parents and other primary caregivers of children and teens living with serious behavioral issues or early onset of a mental health condition.
You would be an excellent fit to lead a Basics course if:
– You are a parent or primary caregiver of a child or teen who exhibited symptoms of a mental illness prior to age 13.
– You can commit to teaching two classes in the next two years.
– You are or are willing to become a NAMI member.
– You like to teach as a team (all classes are taught by two trained teachers).
– You have a welcoming personality and are interested in sharing information with families as they face the challenges of living with mental illness.
This two-day training is on a Saturday and Sunday Aug. 26th & 27th from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
Important for all trainings: Applicants are required to submit an application and participate in a phone interview with a state trainer to confirm applicant meets required criteria.
Download applications at: www.namiaustin.org/volunteer/training/ and send completed Basics applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also mail completed training applications to P.O. Box 302398, Austin, TX 78703.