NAMI Family Support Group is a monthly support group for family members and friends of individuals living with a mental illness. You would be an excellent fit to lead a Family Support Group if:
– You are a family member or caregiver of someone who lives with mental illness.
– You can commit to facilitating a support group for one year.
– You are or are willing to become a NAMI member.
– You like to co-facilitate a group (each group has two leaders).
– You have a welcome personality and are interested in sharing information with families as they face the challenges of living with mental illness.
This training is two days (Saturday, June 3 & Sunday, June 4th) from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
Important for all trainings: Applicants are required to submit an application and participate in a phone interview with a state trainer to confirm applicant meets required criteria.
Download applications at: www.namiaustin.org/volunteer/training/ and send completed Family Support Group applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also mail completed training applications to P.O. Box 302398, Austin, TX 78703.