You’re invited to a new yoga and meditation program specifically designed for adults with autism! Join Abigail H. Julia of Mockingbird Adaptive for Adaptive Yoga and Meditation: a joyful integration of yoga, meditation, self-regulation skills, and sound healing. A calming, 45-minute session for all levels and abilities to increase self-esteem, empowerment and self-advocacy.
Here’s what students are saying:
“You’ve helped me feel so much better! I feel peaceful and rejuvenated!” – Mimi, client
“What joyful sessions filled with wisdom, sharing and fun!” – Amanda, parent
As the Autism Society of Texas continues hosting these virtual groups on a weekly basis, keep your eyes peeled for more information about upcoming activities!
If you have a MeetUp account, please RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/Austin-Adults-With-Disabilities-Social-Group/events/278402450/
Joining a Video Meeting:
If you have never joined a video call on Google Meet before, no worries! This is a learning experience for all of us. Here are your instructions:
1. Direct message me (Jordan Fogle, Co-organizer) the email address you would prefer we send an invitation to. On the week of the event, an invitation will appear in your inbox and will include a URL to join!
2. Google Hangouts may ask you to log in to your email account before you are able to join.
3. Make sure the browser you are using is either Chrome, Firefox, or Edge, and that you have downloaded the latest version. If you have Safari, make sure you have downloaded the appropriate plug-in.
4. Secure a computer/phone with a camera and a microphone! We want to see your lovely face!
5. As side conversations will likely disrupt the flow of discussion, plan on muting your microphone initially and focus on communication through the chat feature, at least until we can devise a way to call on folks one at a time.
6. Don’t hesitate to message me directly if you need further guidance or clarification!