This event was originally scheduled for February 17th. Due to inclement weather and potential power outages in the Austin area, it has been moved to March 3rd.
Taking a deep breath. Going on a walk. Escaping into a book. Chilling with a friend. Creating a piece of art. These are just a few of the ways we engage in relaxation. This month’s discussion will revolve around how we can empower ourselves to better manage stress, find calmness, and maintain a sense of wellbeing in the face of everyday challenges.
If you have a MeetUp account, please RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/Austin-Adults-With-Disabilities-Social-Group/events/275964903/
If you do not want to create a MeetUp (and see our upcoming events), please send me the preferred email address to which to send the Google Meet invitation. My email is jordan@texasautismsociety.
As the Autism Society of Texas plans to begin hosting these virtual groups on a weekly basis, keep your eyes peeled for more information about online gaming activities, such as Dungeons and Dragons, Magic: The Gathering, and More!
Joining a Video Meeting:
If you have never joined a video call on Google Meet before, no worries! This is a learning experience for all of us. Here are your instructions:
1. Send me (Jordan Fogle, Co-organizer) the email address you would prefer we send an invitation to. On the week of the event, an invitation will appear in your inbox and will include a URL to join!
2. Google Hangouts may ask you to log in to your email account before you are able to join.
3. Make sure the browser you are using is either Chrome, Firefox, or Edge, and that you have downloaded the latest version. If you have Safari, make sure you have downloaded the appropriate plug-in.
4. Secure a computer/phone with a camera and a microphone! We want to see your lovely face!
5. As side conversations will likely disrupt the flow of discussion, plan on muting your microphone initially and focus on communication through the chat feature, at least until we can devise a way to call on folks one at a time.
6. Don’t hesitate to message me directly if you need further guidance or clarification!