Raising the Ground (https://www.raisingtheground.com/index.html) will be facilitating a Dungeons & Dragons Gaming Group on Google Hangouts. The group will be focused on playing with a Dungeon Master and therapist who facilitate social-skills themed adventures. The ideal group member is one who needs advanced socialization and/or skills in competition.
Social skills include emotion regulation, perspective taking, and more!
The curriculum teaches how to play D&D where one individual wins and the others lose, turn-taking elicits input from players, and scenarios provide teachable moments in applying social skills to defeat challenges. Skills can be directly applied to school and home challenging events.
There are only 6 available spaces for this event, but more opportunities to participate in online D&D will be coming soon!
You MUST RSVP here to attend!!!
As the Autism Society of Texas plans to begin hosting these virtual groups on a weekly basis, keep your eyes peeled for information about online gaming activities, such as Dungeons and Dragons, Magic: The Gathering, and More!
Joining a Video Meeting:
If you have never joined a video call on Google Meet before, no worries! This is a learning experience for all of us. Here are your instructions:
1. Direct message me (Jordan Fogle, Co-organizer) the email address you would prefer I send an invitation to around 6:30 PM on Thursday, March 26th. At that time, an invitation will appear in your inbox and will include a button which says “Join Now”. Click on that button!
2. It may ask you to log in to your email account before you are able to join.
3. Make sure the browser you are using is either Chrome, Firefox, or Edge, and that you have downloaded the latest version. If you have Safari, make sure you have downloaded the appropriate plug-in.
4. Secure a computer/phone with a camera and a microphone! We want to see your lovely face!
5. As side conversations will likely disrupt the flow of discussion, plan on muting your microphone initially and focus on communication through the chat feature, at least until we can devise a way to call on folks one at a time.
6. Don’t hesitate to message directly me if you need further guidance or clarification!