This lecture will feature Dr. Stephanie Paulos, neuropsychologist of Austin Neuropsychology, Michelle Curtis, speech therapist of Big Sky Pediatric Therapy and Caren Arnold, occupational therapist of Big Sky Pediatric Therapy.
We will be spotlighting Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and how it impacts the elementary school aged child. Combining the expertise and perspective of three community professionals, we will focus on the components of ADHD and executive functioning, and provide strategies for parents and teachers.
We will address:
• Terminology pertaining to ADHD and Executive Functioning
• How ADHD is diagnosed and the components of executive functioning
• The neuroanatomy behind ADHD and executive functioning deficits
• What a child with ADHD/executive functioning deficits is entitled to in the public school setting and the typical accommodations often recommended
• How ADHD can impact a child’s language skills and social interactions
• The difference between sensory processing and ADHD
• Different strategies that you can implement into your child’s everyday life to set them up for success
Thursday, November 16th • 5pm – 7pm
Light snacks provided
Contact Dori Chappell at Big Sky Pediatric Therapy at 512.306.8007 or email@example.com
9433 Bee Caves Rd B3 Ste. 101, Austin, TX 78733 • www.bigskyfriends.com
Payment must be made in full to reserve your spot • No refunds • Space is limited