Interested in going into a career in game development, or just want to learn how the game development process works? Come sit in with Jaedyn Draper, a programmer in the game industry with almost 10 years of experience, including titles such as Star Wars: The Old Republic, Mass Effect, and Imperium: Galactic War. Jaedyn will talk a little about what it’s like to work in the game industry, give a brief demonstration of the process with her current project, and then dedicate the rest of the time to answering all your questions about game development.
If you have a MeetUp account, please RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/Austin-Adults-With-Disabilities-Social-Group/events/272780758/
If you do not want to create a MeetUp (and see our upcoming events), please send me the preferred email address to which to send the Google Meet invitation. My email is jordan@texasautismsociety.
Joining a Video Meeting:
If you have never joined a video call on Google Meet before, no worries! This is a learning experience for all of us. Here are your instructions:
1. Direct message me (Jordan Fogle, Co-organizer) the email address you would prefer I send an invitation to. If you RSVP well in advance, you will also receive the URL ahead of time through Google Calendar.
2. When joining, Google Meet may ask you to log in to your email account before you are able to join.
3. Make sure the browser you are using is either Chrome, Firefox, or Edge, and that you have downloaded the latest version. If you have Safari, make sure you have downloaded the appropriate plug-in.
4. Secure a computer/phone with a camera and a microphone! We want to see your lovely face!
5. As side conversations will likely disrupt the flow of discussion, plan on muting your microphone initially and focus on communication through the chat feature, at least until we can devise a way to call on folks one at a time.
6. Don’t hesitate to message me directly if you need further guidance or clarification!