Austin Bouldering Project is very excited to announce our adaptive climbing “We Rock” event!
So you might be asking, what is bouldering?
Bouldering is rock climbing, without using ropes or harnesses. Our boulders are usually thirteen to fifteen feet tall, and the tallest ones are sixteen to seventeen feet. In our gym, the entire floor is a giant, squishy pad.
Some benefits to climbing:
• Develop positive recreation skills
• Increase muscle tone
• Develop trust and relationship building skills
• Increase self esteem and empowerment
• Body awareness
• Decision making and problem solving
• Tactile stimulation and input
• Hand eye coordination
• Growth in fine motor skills
Requirements for children:
• Ability to follow given rules and directions
• Adaptive to new people
• Non aggressive