Dear Friends and Family,
We are so grateful for all that you did to help us have an incredible year!
We’ve helped over 688 people through Information and Referrals, engaged 877 members in our online Yahoo support group with over 2,417 posts, and reached out to over 2,186 people via social media! We offered face to face outreach to over 1,534 people through our free monthly support groups across Central Texas.
What else has the Autism Society of Central Texas been up to in 2015?
- Monthly sensory recreation events at AMC theater, Jumpstreet, Mt Playmore and more!
- Coordinated autism advocacy at Austin City Hall & the Texas State Capitol
- Hosted 50 autism families at Circuit of the America’s with Jason Cherry Racing and Carino’s Restaurant
- Held 7th annual Bike Ride and Fun Run in Georgetown with over 400 cyclists, families and volunteers
- Celebrated past President and Board Member Ann Hart, who won National Volunteer of the Year 2015 at the Autism Society National Conference in July
- Held First Responder trainings in Austin and San Antonio for over 112Fire/Police/EMS workers
- Partnered with Els for Autism for a golf clinic and 4 week training sessions for 30 autism families
- Celebrated our 25th Silver Anniversary Gala in November with over 260guests and sponsors
- Raised almost $12,000 at our 25th Anniversary event for the Hunter Hinze Adult Transition Services Scholarship Fund to help young adults and adults with autism who need transition support starting in 2016
- Received $75,000 donation to create free video to train First Responders about autism
- Started swim program in December with funding from Els for Autism with partners from Colin’s Hope and Nitro Swim School
- Had amazing support from our volunteer Board of Directors, who put in many hours of planning and effort to help us continue our work to improve the lives of all affected by autism