Autism Awareness Month is on the horizon! Are you looking to spread awareness and acceptance during National Autism Awareness Month? Here are some fun ways to get involved and help celebrate throughout the month of April!
Here is a short list of 30+ things to do for autism in 30 days- April 2017
- Attend Crossfit For All – April 1st 2017 10:30AM
- Participate in or donate to The Autism Society of Texas Bike Ride and Fun Run – April 2nd 2017
- Write a letter to a loved one with autism
- Try out an Autism Friendly Business
- Read a book about autism or with a character with autism
- Share something on social media about autism
- Invite a friend of family member with autism to your house
- Attend Bowling Fundraiser Event in San Antonio @ Main Event 4PM-8PM
- Watch a movie about autism
- Change your Facebook header picture to an image about autism
- Subscribe to the Autism Society of Texas Newsletters
- Attend Texas Autism Advocacy Day at the Texas State Capital -April 12th 9:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Buy an item at Kendra Scott’s Domain location – April 12th 6:00PM-9:00PM
- Watch the Autism Society’s Brown Bag Learning Lunch @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm with Kathy Palomo
- Wear an autism shirt
- Donate to the Autism Society of Texas via Facebook or the website
- Talk to a stranger about autism
- Write a letter to your legislator to advocate for individuals with autism
- Order your Amazon goods via Amazon Smile and select Autism Society as the organization
- Attend Taco About Autism Event at Chuy’s and eat the Love Me Tender taco – April 19th (all day)
- Attend Autism Society of Texas open house – April 20th @ 5PM
- Attend the Quiz for a Cause benefiting the Autism Society of Texas at Nomad Bar – April 20th @ 8PM (21+)
- Create an autism friendly workplace
- Ask for a shout-out for autism awareness month on the radio
- Share educational facts about autism on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Ask your employer to match your donations to Autism Society of Texas.
- Thank someone who has helped you or your loved one affected by autism
- Learn & share information about autism safety.
- Practice or watch someone with autism’s talent & sign up for the May Talent Show
- Call a caregiver of someone with autism and let them know that you care
- Share a story about how you have or would want to accept someone with autism
- Attend sensory friendly house at the Thinkery 8:00AM-10:00AM
- Attend the ABCs of ABA at ABA Today (sponsored by The Autism Society of Texas) 9:00AM
- Attend Charming Charlie Gives Back: Multiple Locations at Charming Charlie’s Apr 22 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Get your child’s haircut at Cookie Cutters Sunset Valley and they will donate to Autism Society of Texas Apr 24 @ 10:00 am – Apr 30 @ 7:00 pm
We also created a calendar for you to print and hang to remind you of some of the things you can do to increase autism acceptance and awareness!
Lastly we created toolkits for families and schools to use to help teach others about autism and spread the message of autism awareness and acceptance! Share it with your friends, family, and schools and help us spread awareness and acceptance of autism!
Family & School Toolkits: