Autism Awareness Month is on the horizon! Are you looking to spread awareness and acceptance during National Autism Awareness Month? Here are some fun ways to get involved and help celebrate throughout the month of April!
Here is a list of 30+ things to do for autism in 30 days- April 2018
- Participate in or donate to The Autism Society of Texas Bike Ride and Fun Run – April 15th
- Write a letter to a loved one with autism
- Try out an Autism Friendly Business
- Read a book about autism or with a character with autism
- Share something on social media about autism
- Invite a friend of family member with autism to your house
- Watch a movie about autism
- Change your Facebook header picture to an image about autism
- Subscribe to the Autism Society of Texas Newsletters
- Sign up to receive advocacy alerts
- Buy an item at Sevenly.org
- Watch the Autism Society’s Brown Bag Learning Lunch Educational Videos on Facebook
- Wear an autism shirt
- Donate to the Autism Society of Texas via Facebook or the website
- Talk to a friend about autism
- Write a letter to your legislator to advocate for individuals with autism
- Order your Amazon goods via Amazon Smile and select Autism Society as the organization
- Visit our friends at Greater Goods Roasting and purchase Autism Society’s Coffee
- Visit Kendra Scott South Congress who will donate a percent of sales to AST- Friday, April 27th
- Visit Chipotle– April 29th all day, multiple locations & they’ll donate a percent of sales to AST
- Create an autism friendly workplace
- Ask for a shout-out for autism awareness month on the radio
- Share educational facts about autism on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Ask your employer to match your donations to Autism Society of Texas
- Thank someone who has helped you or your loved one affected by autism
- Participate in #AutismStories by sharing a photo & story for social media
- Practice or watch someone with autism’s talent & sign up for the May Talent Show
- Call a caregiver of someone with autism and let them know that you care
- Share a story about how you have or would want to accept someone with autism
- Attend a sensory friendly movie
- Attend the ABCs of ABA
- Get your child’s haircut at Cookie Cutters Sunset Valley, Pflugerville, or Round Rock – April 22-28th
Want to support Autism Society of Texas and raise awareness?
Here are some examples of ways that you or your business can help support the Autism Society and increase awareness and acceptance for all on the spectrum! Try hosting one of these events in your community! You can do these as a fundraiser or an awareness-raiser, or both! If you’re fundraising, let people know you’re donating the money to Autism Society of Texas to be used to support adults with autism, as well as children and their families.
- Car Wash
- Garage Sale
- Bake Sale
- Ice Cream Social
- Jeans Day for employees: In exchange for a donation, employees will be allowed to wear jeans in lieu of the regular business attire.
There are many possibilities to show your support! The Autism Society would be happy to provide information and brochures about autism if you choose to host an event.
Businesses can also have a special Autism Awareness Day and and donate a percent of sales! This month the following businesses are supporting Autism Society of Texas: Cookie Cutters Haircuts for Kids, Dell, Kendra Scott, Sylvan Learning, and Chipotle Mexican Grill! If you’d like to learn more or plan to have a fundraiser and want autism brochures, please email Carolina Sarria at Carolina@TexasAutismSociety.org. Thank you!
Check out our April 2018 Calendar to keep up with what’s happening!