We are looking to hire a Bike Ride Coordinator (Temporary). Please email a resume and cover letter through Indeed com here, if you are interested after reviewing the job description below. Thank you!
JOB DESCRIPTION – Bike Ride Coordinator
(Contract/Temporary position, approximately 4 months)
Salary Hourly: $18.00/hour
Location: Austin, Texas
The Autism Society of Texas is searching for a professional with a strong background in event planning and fundraising to work with the Bike Ride Planning committee and report to the Director of External Affairs. The Autism Society of Texas (AST) is seeking a part-time (10-20 hours/week) Bike Ride Coordinator to implement a work plan, oversee key event activities, and coordinate with the AST staff and board on the 10th annual Texas Autism Bike Ride and Fun Run on Sunday, April 15th 2018.
The AST is a vibrant non-profit (501c3) organization whose mission is to ensure individuals affected by autism in Texas are valued, included, and given the opportunities to pursue fulfilling lives by providing information, support, and advocacy for people affected by autism and their families, educators, professionals, and the community-at-large.
Definition of Position:
The Bike Ride Coordinator reports directly to the Director of External Affairs and will work closely with AST staff and board members. The Bike Ride Coordinator will oversee and prepare for the event on Sunday, April 15th. Minimal local travel is required. Valid driver license, auto insurance, and reliable car are a must. Some evening and weekend hours are required.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Part time, temporary contract position through 4/30/18.
- Approximately 10-20 hours per week until event week. The month prior to event, hours may increase but will dramatically drop off after the event.
- Manage task list and duties related to event and on event
- Coordinate and work on outreach for sponsors
- Manage and update list of participants into Mail Chimp
- Develop communication and send out team updates
- Manage social media posts with intern or AST staff regarding event
- Coordinate volunteers on event
- Communicate with AST staff weekly on event progress
- Attend and facilitate monthly event team meetings with volunteers
- Outreach for key volunteer positions (i.e. MSET, SAG)
- Manage vendor relationships (photographer, announcer, t-shirts, etc)
- Supervise and work on food outreach
- Manage overall event budget
- Set up packet pick up(s)/registration for event
- Coordinate technology needs with AST staff
- Other duties as assigned to help make this a successful event
Strong candidates for this position will have:
- Documented work experience in event planning
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail, good recordkeeping, responsible time management, and the ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines in both an independent and collaborative setting.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Flexibility, self-motivation, enthusiasm, and commitment to the AST’s mission.
- Familiarity with Excel and Google Docs.