WHO WE ARE/WHAT WE DO
- The oldest, largest & most active autism organization in Central Texas and 1 of 106 US chapters of the Autism Society of America.
- Even though we hired our first employees several years ago, we maintain our grassroots identity. For 25 years the needs of families and individuals living with autism have been our top priority.
- We respond to hundreds of inquiries from all over Central Texas and across the state each year from families, educators and other professionals about diagnosis, treatment, biomedical interventions, educational options, and local resources and services.
- Our list serv reaches over 1100 families throughout Central Texas on a daily basis and mailing list has over 2600 contacts.
- We facilitate and support list servs, support groups, recreational and educational opportunities throughout 24 counties of Central Texas (including larger cities like Austin, San Antonio, Bastrop, Taylor, Llano, Waco, etc.).
- We ensure the interests, needs, and capabilities of individuals with autism are well represented at the Texas Capitol and the Central Texas area.
- We are a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. Donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
ABOUT OUR SILVER ANNIVERSARY EVENT: November 14, 2015
Help us celebrate 25 years of improving the lives of people impacted by autism with great food prepared and served by Pink Avocado, a beautiful roof top setting at Brazos Hall in downtown Austin, fun entertainment, a ring toss for the chance to win special prizes, a photo booth with props and costumes, a silent auction of unique gifts, a raffle of an Austin-themed work of art by renowned artist Carlos E. Ortiz, and the evening promises to be one to remember!
Our guests will have a great time all the while knowing they are helping increase our current outreach and support to individuals with autism. Funds raised will also help expand services and resources to students transitioning out of the public school system and into adulthood to increase employment options for these students.
We look forward to our Silver Anniversary Celebration being a fun event that brings together families, professionals, businesses, and community members who share the belief that every person with autism deserves access to the supports has skills and abilities enabling them to contribute to their community in meaningful ways.
25th Anniversary Celebration Sponsors
25th Anniversary Events
[ai1ec view=”stream” cat_name=”25th Anniversary”]