Administrative & Programs Assistant -Part Time
The Autism Society of Texas (AST) is the state affiliate of the Autism Society of America, which is a non-profit (501c3) organization that works to improve the lives of individuals with Autism by providing education, information, support, and advocacy for people with Autism, their families, educators, professionals, and the community-at-large. The Autism Society of Texas is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
Mission: We create connections, empowering everyone in the Autism community with the resources needed to live fully.
The Autism Society of Texas’ Administrative & Programs Assistant position is approximately 10 hours/week and will interact with AST staff and the public in order to support the mission of the Autism Society of Texas.
We are looking for a responsible Administrative & Programs Assistant to perform a variety of administrative, clerical, and program support tasks. Duties of the Administrative & Programs Assistant include providing support to our staff, assisting in daily office needs and managing general administrative activities for the organization. This is a newly created position which will require approximately 10 hours per week. This position works closely with AST Executive Director and other staff to support programs and operations.
The Administrative and Programs Assistant reports directly to the Executive Director. Some evening and weekend hours may be required a few times per year. We have a positive work environment and offer a flexible schedule with the option to work remotely for some of the time. Paid training and instruction will be provided for the newly hired candidate.
- Must embrace the mission of the Autism Society of Texas
- Strong writing skills required
- Strong organizational and self-management skills
- Must be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Experience with Google docs, Microsoft Word, & Excel
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times
- Working knowledge of office equipment preferred
- Ability to prioritize work tasks
- Exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals
- A bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 1+ years experience
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms.
- Order office supplies and other needed items.
- Help maintain filing systems of documents and receipts-both online and physical files.
- Help to schedule and coordinate meetings.
- Assist in the preparation and collection of information to support AST programs.
- Help with mailings for membership, donors, and other mailings as needed.
- Assist with coordination and approval of posts and requests online via social media channels and other group platforms.
- Post event information to AST web calendar and other online platforms.
- Help update the website Resource Guide.
- Distribute complimentary tickets to recreation events and outings.
- Help with administrative and communication tasks related to scholarship funds and other core programs.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Range: $15-18/hour. This is an hourly part time position.
Pay dependent on experience level. Approximately 10 hours/week.
Flexible work schedule, with the majority of hours worked within normal business hours.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.